- Follow the ‘Submission Guidelines’ to the T: Guest blogging websites usually have more stringent guidelines than that of regular blogging websites. For instance, some guest blogging websites accept blog submissions, which are between 1000-1500 words and not less. Other sites may require you to write only about “tips and tricks” for a certain niche. This way, if your blog post fails to meet these criteria, it will be rejected straightaway no matter how relevant or how excellent your post is. Therefore, before writing your post, thoroughly go through and follow the submission guidelines given on various guest blogging sites which you are targeting and follow them to the T.
- Keep the communication brief: Editors of major guest websites get scores of submissions on a daily basis. So, after you submit your post, wait for your turn patiently and understand that it will take a while before your blog gets reviewed by them. Also, don’t write lengthy emails to the editor of that particular website explaining how great your post is or how brilliant you are as an author. Just keep is short and simple and wait. If your post is really impressive and without flaws, it will be published eventually.
- Research, research and more research: Research is the main key to great guest blogging posts. This is why, you need to research whenever you find time and be up to date with the latest going-ons in your niche. Additionally, find out more about other bloggers who write about the same niche as you. Read their blogs and see what all can you learn from them, be it – a new keyword, some new trends, tips and lot more. No matter how small your take away is from these blogs, if you are able to implement them in your guest blog posts, then there is nothing like it.
- Content is King: Yes, this holds true for guest blogs as well. You must introduce a lot of variety in your content and make it speak for you by improving it constantly. This way, there are chances that with one glance at your post, the guest-blog editor will give it a nod right away. So, don’t be satisfied with your writing skills ever; push yourself more and check out the works of other writers, enroll yourself in writing course, polish your skills and see major improvements in your content. Do whatever it takes to make your content ‘The Best’.
- Make your own deadlines and meet them: Suppose you are writing for a guest blogging website, which takes blog submissions about the latest mobile technologies, you must be on your toes and submit your posts well in time. This is because many a times it so happens that by the time an author submits his or her posts, the technology becomes obsolete. Hence, set a deadline for your post and meet it so that the post you submit stays relevant.
These are some of the essential tips which I never fail to follow myself before submitting my posts to various guest blogging websites. I hope that these are useful to you as well and get your posts accepted easily. Also, if you have some of your own tips don’t hesitate to share them with us.