Ask any iPhone buyer to point out a reason behind his purchase and he will say that the plethora of apps in the iTunes compelled him to buy the costly phone. Apps are the digital gold
and app developers are King Midas of the 21st century. A popular app can make you a millionaire within a few months and that is why, everyday, hundreds of developers submit their apps in the app store.
However, not all submitted apps pass the strict rules and regulations laid down by Apple
. Developers may submit thousands of apps but hundreds of them get rejected. I have talked with some developers who have resubmitted their apps twice or thrice to get the approval. So, what is the reason behind these rejections?
The most common reason is ignorance. Some developers never follow the rules and regulations laid down by Apple for the app makers. Instead of overlooking the guidelines, you should strictly follow them or get ready to do repeat work. However, if you have followed all the guidelines and still your app is rejected, you can go to the Review Board and make a plea for reconsideration.
Now, let’s move on and focus on the steps included in the iPhone app submission process. I have written all the steps briefly so that even newbie developers can understand the process and do the needful.
- At first, you must become a registered Apple developer. For the registration process, please visit this URL- http://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action
- After the account creation process is complete, you have to enroll for the developer program by Apple. The enrolment charge is USD 99 per year.
- Login using your username and password and create profiles for app development and distribution. You need to generate certificates for your apps as well.
- Once your app is ready, you can go to the “Manage Your Apps” section and Click on the “Add New App” option.
- You will be asked to fill up forms and some of the information that you must share are the details of your application and your organization.
- The system will also request you to upload the screenshots of your application and the app icon
- Your next step is saving the details you have entered so far. After that, click on “view more details” and answer the binary questions presented to you. Once done, save it.
- Now, you can upload your app via xcode.
- Wait for the approval from Apple.
However, if your app is not approved, you will receive a mail from Apple, highlighting the reasons for rejection. Read the reasons and fix the issues in your app. If you think everything is perfect, resubmit your app for consent.