Top 10 Must Have Best Apps for Windows 8
Let’s take a look at them.
1. Plex: Plex is a popular media streaming app for Windows 8 users with a wide variety of channels to choose from. You can use it to stream a number of video, audio, photos and much more. For instance, you can also sign up for myPlex service and get more facilities.
2. Tweetro+: Tweetro+ is a Twitter client designed especially for Windows 8 users. This app has an elegant interface and provides the best Twitter experience. The app consists of features such as an in-app browser, photo browser, multiple accounts, real time tweets, semantic zoom for bird’s eye view and much more for the Twitter addicts.
3. FlipToast: Log in to Instagram, Facebook, twitter and LinkedIn and get latest notifications using the FlipToast app. You can use it to update your status, Tweet, browse and view your friends and services, view Instagram photos (although you can’t upload photos to Instagram) and do much more using this app.
4. WeatherBug: One of the best and the most popular weather apps available, WeatherBug provides you a great weather outlook right on your fingertips! Simply install and run this app and explore the latest weather forecasts of your location or any other location.
5. GMaps Pro: GMaps Pro offers the best of Google Maps on your Windows Phone. It offers everything you want from a map such as directions, search, compass and Street view. Also, get alternative routes, track your current speed, view ‘My Places’ and view Google Latitude. All these features make it a must have.
6. Nextgen Reader: Nextgen Reader is the best Google Reader companion for Windows. It has a neat interface and provides support for Live Tiles. Also, it allows you to share and read articles using Instapaper, Google and Readability mobilize views and doubles up as a RSS reader which is great while you are on the move.
7. Kindle: Here’s something for the bookworms. The Kindle app works perfectly on your Windows 8 device. It gives you access to more than 1 million books on the Kindle Store and provides features such as bookmarks, notes, highlights, customization and much more. All you need to do is buy this app once and read Kindle books on all your devices you have installed this app!
8. All My Storage Pro: All My Storage Pro is a great utility app that provides you the option to bring all your local storage, Box, Dropbox and SkyDrive accounts together in an easy to use interface. Also, you can use it to play local media files, stream cloud media from your cloud storage accounts, transfer and manage data etc. You can also view your cloud statistics easily using this app.
9. YouTube RT: YouTube RT is the best way to view YouTube videos on Windows 8 device. Use it to view videos in various formats such as SD, 720p and Full HD 1080 p and even download then in these formats. Additionally, there are numerous features like multiple downloads, play videos in the background, create local video playlists that allow you to make most of this app.
10. OneNote: Take notes, save them to the cloud and refer to them at the time of need. That is OneNore for you. Apart from this basic function, it allows you to organize your notes, search the notes quickly, draw and write, insert pictures in your notes and much more. But what I find most appealing in this app is the ‘Snap view’, which allows you to refer to the note running on one side of your screen while referring another app.
These are the top ten must have apps for Windows 8 that I have compiled. However, the needs of users might vary and in that case, you can search for any particular type of app for your Windows device on the Windows Store. Also, do feel free to share any great app that you come across while doing so. Cheers!