An iPad also acts as an excellent learning tool apart from being a cool gadget. It has an interface, which makes it easy for even preschoolers to handle it. Although there are scores of apps on the iTunes store for this purpose, I have handpicked the ten best apps that are not just meant for fun, but also act as teaching aids. Let us take a look at them to get more idea:
1. Handwriting without tears: The ultimate app for tech-savvy generation, Handwriting without tears teaches your kid how to form capital letters and numbers from the top down. All they need to do is to practice with fingers or a stylus on the screen and get familiar with the alphabets as well as numbers. This is great for formulating motor skills in your child without coercing him or her.
2. TeachMe Toddler: TeachMe Toddler is an all-inclusive app that teaches preschoolers about four essentials – letters, shapes, numbers and colors. The interface of his particular app is great and it combines learning with fun for your little one. This app is particularly helpful for prepping up your tiny tot for school.
3. Monkey Preschool Lunchbox: This is another app on this list that teaches your preschooler about letters, counting, colors, shapes and also pattern recognition. It is in the form of an interactive game, which makes it all the more popular with kids. They have to fill a monkey’s lunch box with fruits and help it count it, match cards with fruits and solve puzzles.
4. Little Writer: Little Writer is the free alternative to the Handwriting Without Tears app. There is not much difference except for the fact that it includes lowercase letters as well, which is a feature that sets it apart from Handwriting Without Tears.
5. Talking Carl: You might be wondering what is this app doing on this list? Well, the app imitates your child’s voice and repeats everything that is said to it. This makes it apt for enhancing oral skills of your tot. Just give them your iPad and open this app and let them chat away endlessly with Carl.
6. Etch a Sketch HD for iPad: Etch a Sketch needs no introduction. The classic toy for kids is now available for iPad and keeps them engaged for hours. Just like its toy version, this app lets your toddler draw freehand images with their fingers or by using virtual knobs and erasing them by shaking the iPad. Additionally, it lets you upload personal photos for your child to modify and post them on Facebook.
7. Sound Touch: Sound Touch consists of 312 images divided into six categories, which are – household objects, wild animals, domestic animals, birds, vehicles and musical instruments. The app displays random images for your toddler to explore. This helps him or her to identify objects and associate them with the sounds they make.
8. ABC Wildlife: Let your little ones explore the world of wildlife through stunning pictures, live videos, interactive scenes and much more with ABC wildlife. The app consists of a simple interface with numerous games that helps extend your child’s vocabulary and knowledge.
9. Interactive Alphabet ABCs: This particular app makes every letter come alive with interactive features and phonics sounds. Apart from teaching you child uppercase and lowercase letters, it consists of the Alphabet song.
10. Zoo Train: Zoo train consists of a bunch of interactive games. Complete with illustrations and original music, the app teaches your toddler alphabet, letters, patterns and much more. The combination of animals and train is what makes this app so special for your little ones.
So, these are some of the most interactive apps that will help your kids, toddlers and tots to learn and have fun at the same time, using the iPad. Just go through the iTunes store to find them and download them for your preschoolers. Cheers!