How to deal with Corrupt or Damaged PST file?
Outlook is always user’s first choice for email conversation. No doubt MS-Outlook is bundled with very good features like social media connectivity, Attachment reminder and many more. Outlook is more in demand because of its robust and advance features. In the mean while Outlook users are also facing few problems also.
Let’s have a discussion on these problems and their appropriate solution.
Problems with Outlook:
Sometimes Outlook creates annoying situations due to its abrupt behavior. Here are few examples of Outlook annoying behavior:
• Outlook Freezes
• MS-Outlook denies opening
• Outlook stops sending and receiving emails
• Outlook takes too much time in responding for query
Reason for Outlook Annoying Behavior
The most common reason behind Outlook behavior is corruption of PST file. Furthermore there are two reasons behind corruption of PST file i.e.
1. Hardware Reasons
2. Software Reasons
Hardware Reason for PST File Corruption
1. Inappropriate Log Out: Users usually don’t wait to close Outlook properly. This kind of direct closing of MS Outlook is also a reason for PST file corruption.
2. Improper shut down: Improper shut down is also another major reason for PST file corruption. Usually a normal user directly turnoff the main power to close their system while Outlook is still in running mode. The way user shut down their system is absolutely wrong. This improper system shut down also make your PST file corrupt.
3. Sudden Power Loss: Most of us face situation of sudden power loss. This generally happens when user is busy with Outlook and all of sudden user faces a power loss. After power loss when user tries to open Outlook they unable to do so this is also a big cause of PST file corruption.
Software Reason for PST File Corruption
1. Software Incompatibility: To keep ourselves update with technology we usually install different software on our windows machine. Outlook user is unaware of fact about installation. Sometime this additional software’s are incompatible and make PST file corrupt.
2. Virus Attack: We all are very conscious for data obviously data security is must. To secure our data or to protect our data from virus attack we install antiviruses program on our machine. Although these antiviruses are enough good for user data but they make user Outlook corrupt and user has to lost their precious data.
3. Outlook Add-Ins: To make user work easy and fast Microsoft invented plug-ins or I can say Add-in’s. Few add-INS are inbuilt while some user install for their use. These installed add-ins are incompatible with Outlook and make user PST file corrupt.
4. PST File Size: File size is also a matter of discussion for PST file corruption. In our daily routine we send and receive a lot of mails along with attachments. Moreover user does not clean their mailboxes or also their deleted mailbox folder. There are also unwanted mails present in user mailbox and increase the Outlook PST file size. Outlook PST files size reaches beyond defines limit and got corrupt.
So above mentioned are few reason for Outlook PST file corruption. Along with that, there could be enormous other reasons for PST file corruption, but good thing is that repairing the corrupted PST file is very simple and adaptable. Microsoft has designed an inbuilt utility to repair corrupt or damaged PST file. By using free utility you can easily recover your corrupted PST file. Though it is a good solution but there are few boundaries of Inbox repair tool.
Limitation of Inbox Repair Tool:
- Inbox repair tool does not provide user assurance of complete data back after repairing.
- Inbox repair tool unable to diagnose critically damaged PST file.
To overcome this problem faced by Inbox repair utility user can adapt third party tools. Additional benefit of using third party tool is data security that is very important.
For more information about tool visit the URL: http://www.scanpst.net/
Image Credit: http://www.gfi.com/